Restricting audio conferencing line on a meeting RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to restrict the audio conferencing line of a SfB meeting to only be available during the time frame of the meeting it's created for?

What's to stop a user from joining the audio portion of a meeting before the meeting starts? i.e. if I invite a few people to a meeting for Friday from 1-2PM, how can I keep them from joining the audio portion at 10AM?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin Neve,

If you only want to let others can’t join the meeting before the meeting starts, you could set it when you schedule this SFB meeting in Outlook as below:
    After you create a new SFB meeting item in Outlook client, then click Meeting Options. In the Permissions tab, choose “Only me, the meeting organizer” for the “These people don't have to wait in the lobby” Option. After doing this, all users click the meeting URL will stay the lobby, after you allow them to join the meeting, they will join it. You could refer to the following screenshot: 

You could also refer to the following official document to find details about Set options for online meetings and conference calls

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, April 12, 2019 8:30 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hi Kevin Neve,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:28 AM