ADK 8.1 Update 1 breaks sysprep and capture RRS feed

• Question

• I have three different MDT-installations providing me with one fully automated ref.image i then use in two different systems depending if the computer is in school or in other community service.

i recently updated the ADK to the one released just a few days ago (http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=39982) and now my ref.image capture process is broken. the capture will not happen and i get this error message: 

Error creating an image of drive C:, rc = 1
    ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIBackuo, rc = 1
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005
    Failed to run the action: Create WIM.
    Incorrect function. (Error: 00000001; Source: Windows)
    The execution of the group (State Restore) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.
    Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)
    Failed to run the last action: Create WIM. Execution of task sequence failed.
    Incorrect function. (Error: 00000001; Source: Windows)
    Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail
    Task Sequence execution failed with error code 80004005
    Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. COde 0x80004005

i also have this issue in one of the other installations which also is used to provide our computer supplier with a correct WIM-file.

so, i did what most people would do i guess... i reinstalled the older version of ADK and now i got it working in both my enviroments used to create WIM-files...

how can i provide information in order to solve this issue?

i would guess i rather have the new ADK installed instead of the old one, but the new one is not working properly.

Friday, October 3, 2014 9:46 AM

All replies

• If you are still having problems, please upload your bdd.log and smsts.log files to a public site like OneDrive and share the link here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, October 3, 2014 4:55 PM