Folder scanning through a command line RRS feed

• Question

• Colleagues, whether it is possible compulsorily ForeFront'у to specify a folder which it is necessary to scan on viruses, through parametre of a command line?
    At MpCmdRun.exe there is only a parametre of scanning fast or full how to specify a concrete folder I has not understood.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Artem

As far as I know FCS v1 does not have command line switches that would allow you to a scan from the command line like the one you mention. Perhaps with the next version of FCS this may be possible as there is greater integration of Powershell, but not in FCS v1.
    Josue Fontanez | jf@oneconstant.com President | OneConstant Blog: www.oneconstant.spaces.live.com Twitter: www.twitter.com/josuefontanez Web: www.oneconstant.com
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 12:17 PM
  • Josue is right.. there is no input switches for location scanning with mpcmdrun in v1.. not sure if v2 will have that functionality or not.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Artem

As far as I know FCS v1 does not have command line switches that would allow you to a scan from the command line like the one you mention. Perhaps with the next version of FCS this may be possible as there is greater integration of Powershell, but not in FCS v1.
    Josue Fontanez | jf@oneconstant.com President | OneConstant Blog: www.oneconstant.spaces.live.com Twitter: www.twitter.com/josuefontanez Web: www.oneconstant.com
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 12:17 PM
  • Josue is right.. there is no input switches for location scanning with mpcmdrun in v1.. not sure if v2 will have that functionality or not.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.
    It would be desirable to see in v2 point in the conductor menu, folder scanning. Therefore I also asked this question that most it there to add.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:15 AM
  • Forces an immediate quick scan.

“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Client\Antimalware\mpcmdrun.exe” -Scan -scantype 1

Forces an immediate full scan.

“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Client\Antimalware\mpcmdrun.exe” -Scan -scantype 2

I hope this helps. Vote it as helpfule if it works...PLEASE.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:13 PM