Delprof.exe /D:90 started deleting profile modified d days prior RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was about to begin a USMT scanstate.exe on an XP machine. But before I did, as I usually do to save time save time, I ran the following in a script (so I didn't fat-finger it, this is a copy-paste):

delprof.exe /I /P /D:90

Without paying much attention, I kept hitting y, enter but then I released that it had started deleting the primary user profile!! I managed to cancel out before it deleted any user data except the registry key (I ran an undelete utility on the disk to check) but seriously, wtf? The user logged in at least 3 day prior, I have a record of her logging in on the 28th of July (this occurred on Aug 1st). Delprof.exe skipped a couple of profiles that were also logged into recently (Aug 1st) but not that one. The profile in question wasn't a local profile, it was a domain profile. Furthermore, the switch " /D:90 " should have ignored the profile in question, as the user logged into it 3 days ago, which is certainly not older than 90 days. I think this is the first time I've seen it incorrectly determine the profile's last modification date and wanted to delete it.

Anyone ran into this before/have any ideas?

-NOC
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:19 PM