Disabling What's New in Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to disable the "What's New" messages in Outlook 365.  I see paople have been asking for this for four years in various forums and versions of Office.  So what gives? How do I turn this annoying feature off?  I want email - pure and simple and I don't want flashy nonsense and gizmos etc.  Email.  That's it.  Don't need anything new.  Want to turn it off.

DL
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hi DL,

According to my research, I'm afraid there is no such way to Completely disable "What's New" in Office 365.

However, it is suggested to use the method below as a workaround:

In the below registry key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\WhatsNew

Create a new DWORD value named "SuppressForAutomation" and set the value to 1

This will stop all of the Whats New dialog boxes but will not remove the 'What's New' sections under File > Account from Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:11 AM