delimited text file agent - providing values to the connected data source after a delete of the cs object RRS feed

• Question

• I have implemented an agent for providing data by a csv file.

The data format looks like

"anchor-attribute";"attribute_1";"attribue_2"

The target application follows this logic:

"add" event - a line with a value of the anchor attribute that does not already exist in the application's data backend + values of the other attributes

"modify" event - a line with a value of the anchor attribute that already exists in the application's data backend + values of the other attributes

"delete" event - a line with a value of the anchor attribute that already exists in the application's data backend but without values of the other attributes

The "delete" event is my problem. It seems to me that if a cs object is deleted (caused by the deletion of the corresponding mv object) the agent does not deliver a line into the export file. Is there a possibility in the configuration to achive an "empty anchored" line in the export file?

My solution for this problem could be - before triggering the start of the export profile in the batch

- get all pending-for-export cs objects which are marked for deletion - using "csexport <ma_name> <output_file> /f:x"

- apply a stylesheet transformation to the <output_file> using "msxml" tool with this template

<xsl:template match="cs-object">
      <!-- <xsl:value-of select="@dn"/> -->
      <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(unapplied-export/delta/@dn)"/>
    </xsl:template>

and save the result in new <xsl_output_file>

- call the export profile of the agent

- append the line of <xsl_output_file> to the agent's export file

Any better suggestions/solutions for the described problem?

best regards

Michael

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:57 PM

Answers

• Michael,

Deprovisioning is a 2 step process
    - Trigger: MV object deletion or disconnection of CS-MV link
    - Action: on the CS side, decide what should be done in the data source when the link is removed (MA side configuration)

So, why don't you use the deprovision code method in the MA extension?
    It allows you to take some actions before you actually deprovision the record.
    For example, you could delete all attributes (except the anchor) and then disconnect or explicitly disconnect the object, instead of an actual delete.

Carefully plan your join/projection rules and deprovisioning.
    But ideally, if the MV object is deleted, the CS object will not (should not) rejoin after deprovisioning.

Did you check Carol's GHA, Account Deprovisioning Scenarios?

Kind regards,
    Peter

Peter Geelen - Sr. Consultant IDA (http://www.fim2010.be)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by blancheNeige Monday, June 28, 2010 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:00 PM