.NET Framework 3.5 not available for build 1709 RRS feed

• Question

• I activated product group "Windows 10 Feature on demand" so that Windows 10 machines can get .net 3.5 through Windows-Features. This works on all Windows 10 builds except 1709. When I try to install, I get an error. I synced WSUS manually but it seems that there are no Feature on demand packages for 1709 at all. When I leave the domain, .net 3.5 can be installed without problems through Windows Update. So where is .net 3.5 for 1709 in WSUS?
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I have checked on my WSUS server, there is no FeatureonDemandDotNet35 for Windows 10 1709, so we could not use WSUS for this feature. 

You may need to follow the article below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, December 20, 2017 8:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lemmy27 Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:00 AM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my understanding, when you leave the domain, you can install .net 3.5 without issue, but when join to the domain, your computer could not get .net 3.5 through WSUS server. 

What error did you got when you try to install .net 3.5?

In addition, I suggest you do not apply any group policy settings related with Windows update for one of your Windows 10 1709, and point to WSUS server for update by edit registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\WUServer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\WUStatusServer

And then approve .net 3.5 for this client and check whether it can successfully install .net 3.5.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:54 AM
  • The error code is 0x800F081F. At first we had this problem on every Win10 machine until we added the .net 3.5 updates in "Windows 10 Feature on Demand" group. Then it worked fine. But since 1709 is out, we are not able to install .net through WSUS on this build.

The registry keys are set to the right server. Other updates are being installed successfully.

It seems that dotnet 3.5 for 1709 is missing in WSUS:

For earlier builds it is there but even after manual sync of WSUS there is no dotnet for 1709.

• Edited by Lemmy27 Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:50 PM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:50 PM
  • Hello,

I have checked on my WSUS server, there is no FeatureonDemandDotNet35 for Windows 10 1709, so we could not use WSUS for this feature. 

You may need to follow the article below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

Regards,

Yan Li

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, December 20, 2017 8:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lemmy27 Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:00 AM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Too bad. Installation through WSUS was more convenient. But with DISM I can install .net without leaving the domain. Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:00 AM