none
Issue with downloading after installation of Window 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody have issues downloading links for rar files after updating Window 10? 

I have Firefox and Chrome that was downloading links and rar files perfectly fine until after the update to window 10.  I tried to change some internet security setting but was not successful.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I feel like it is still a security issue with window 10.  

When I click on the link to download, it goes to the page with .rar but then it has problem loading page and goes blank. 

Thanks for any advice.

Friday, July 31, 2015 3:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please provide us some links for test, We will try reproducing the issue in environment.

I downloaded a rar file with rar ending link successfully, seems like it is not a widespread issue, please check if you installed 3rd party firewall or Antispyware on your machine, it might block high risk file types such as exe or rar from downloading.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:18 AM

All replies

• Well, can you download .rar files with microsoft edge? Can you take the URL that goes directly to a .rar file (website.com/files/file.rar) and paste it into chrome or firefox and have it work?

You don't have this issue with downloading any other kind of files? only rar?

Personally I doubt it's a security issue.

Friday, July 31, 2015 5:49 PM
  • Hi,

We wonder if these links work fine under Microsoft edge? if it works fine, please report this issue to Chrome/Firefox FAQ and we could keep eye on if any patch released from Chrome/Firefox. In the other hand, please keep your Windows 10 system up to date for good measure.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2015 7:29 AM
  • I tried to paste the link for .rar in edge but it didn't work.  

Saturday, August 8, 2015 4:01 AM
  • None of the links works after the update even in microsoft edge.  It feels like the automatic link to download rar seems inhibited after the update to window 10.  
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 4:05 AM
  • Hi,

Please provide us some links for test, We will try reproducing the issue in environment.

I downloaded a rar file with rar ending link successfully, seems like it is not a widespread issue, please check if you installed 3rd party firewall or Antispyware on your machine, it might block high risk file types such as exe or rar from downloading.

Regards,

D. Wu

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:18 AM