Not able to publish an application using AppV 5.0 (IIS issue) RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi All,

I have installed AppV 5.0 in my Environment. But the AppV website (Management Service and Publishing Service) in my IIS showing ENDPOINT NOT FOUND Error,

Becoz of this, I am not able to Publish the application..

Pls help..

Friday, June 14, 2013 11:08 AM

All replies

• Try re-installing .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5. If that doesn't work, rebuilt the server and follow the install steps again.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, June 14, 2013 11:51 AM
  • Hi Aaron,

Tried the steps you mentioned. But didnt work..

Pls help

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Hello,

Without more detail, there is alittle advise to give.

I suggest you share a lot more on how you performed all the steps - from installing the server to setting up App-V

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:34 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

Tried the steps you mentioned. But didnt work..

Pls help

You've rebuilt the server from scratch and have the same issue?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:43 PM
  • yes Aaron,

I tried, but didn't work

Same issue Pls help

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

Both AppV Management Service and AppV Publishing Service URL's are showing Error Messages.

So, Not able to Publish the application. Kindly Help...

Tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling .NET framework and Rebuilt the server but didn't work

Pls do the needful!!!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:55 AM
  • Hello,

Is there any reason you have not;

1. Shared detailed steps of what you performed to install these components, how you built the servers and how you configured everything?

If I follow the installation guides, I have not been able to reproduce the error

2. Shared detailed error logs, how you found out the errors and what investigations you have done so far to remedy them?

It seems that you are unwilling to share what work you have done - so much that everyone here are unable to provide any insight into what might be wrong?

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Hi znack,

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2

Prerequisities installed for AppV Management Server and Publishing Server (Both in same machine):

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Extended
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package
    Microsoft Silverlight
    PowerShell 3.0
    Windows6.1-KB2506143-x64.msu

Roles and Features

• Application Server
    • Web Server (IIS)

SQL Server 2008 R2  (64-bit)

Added the Web Server (IIS) role with the following role services enabled:

• Common HTTP Features
      • Static Content
      • Default Document
    • Application Development
      • ASP.NET
      • .NET Extensibility
      • ISAPI Extensions
      • ISAPI Filters
    • Security
      • Windows Authentication
      • Request Filtering
    • Management Tools
      • IIS Management Console

Registered ASP.NET with .NET 4.0 Framework in IIS

After the above steps, I started Installation

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:15 AM
  • Hello,

Is there any reason you have not shared any additional installation steps and configuration steps?

I suggest you read this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:26 AM
  • So, you apparently installed both, the management service and the publishing service on the same machine: what ports did you assign to them?

I think the 'Management Service' is as a required component of the IIS management Tools, too (though it is not listed as a prerequisit).

Do you have both implementations of  C++ 2010 SP1 installed?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |  Blog kirxblog   |  Web kirx.org

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Management service and Publishing service ports are different

Installed the asbove mentioned redistributable

Friday, July 5, 2013 6:31 AM
  • In case someone else has this problem, the solution I found was in two part, first install the correct version of Silverlight on the App-V management Server (and the client workstation), the one I used was Silverlight_x64, which I installed on Windows 2012 server using IE11. When on the server I used the address  "http: // localhost / console.html" (remove the spaces) which provided me with the management screen. On the workstation, I found if I did not use the "console.html", I would get the ENDPOINT NOT FOUND error. As well, the logon is important, remember to use a user with App-V administrator privileges. I trust this will be useful to someone.

• Edited by CjD00L Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by CjD00L Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:42 AM
    Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:39 AM