Trying to pull a row of data from excel sheet and populate it on another by typing a number near it RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.  I am an excel newbie by about any measure.  I've grown up with it and use it daily, but do not use even a percentage point of its power.  I'm trying to make an excel sheet that can sort rows of data from a "master" sheet to other sheets within the same work book.  I have expenses in the master sheet that each have four (4) columns of data: Expense Description, Vendor, Date, and Amount.  There are hundreds of rows of data for the various expenses my business saw in the year.

I'd like to be able to just type a number 1-13 in the 5th column by each expense row to get it to basically copy and paste that row to a sheet 1-13 (each sheet is a different expense category).  I'll have the same column labels on each sheet 1-13.  I hope I've been clear with what I'm trying to do.  Does excel have something that can make this happen?  Do you have any references, examples, and or guides to help me?  Thanks a lot in advance. 

Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:16 PM