Windows 2012 and Exchange 2010 SP3 - Creating a DAG RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for some articles on creating a DAG in Exchange 2010 SP3, but the gotcha is that the Exchange 2010 SP3 installs are on Windows 2012 servers.

I see a lot of how-to's for Windows 2008 R2 systems, but I am looking for something on Windows 2012 and Exchange 2010 SP3.

I saw one post specific to Windows 2012, and it was related to a gotcha.  It referenced adding a computer object with the DAG name.  Adding to the Exchange server Full Control permissions to the computer object and then disabling it.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:06 AM

Answers

• I'm looking for some articles on creating a DAG in Exchange 2010 SP3, but the gotcha is that the Exchange 2010 SP3 installs are on Windows 2012 servers.

I see a lot of how-to's for Windows 2008 R2 systems, but I am looking for something on Windows 2012 and Exchange 2010 SP3.

I saw one post specific to Windows 2012, and it was related to a gotcha.  It referenced adding a computer object with the DAG name.  Adding to the Exchange server Full Control permissions to the computer object and then disabling it.

Thanks

Ron

It's really the same process, the only difference is that you need to prestage the DAG CNO and give the Exchange Trusted Subsystem or first server you are going to add to the DAG full control to the computer object.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by TrojansBaby Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:35 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:04 AM

All replies

Thanks

Ron

It's really the same process, the only difference is that you need to prestage the DAG CNO and give the Exchange Trusted Subsystem or first server you are going to add to the DAG full control to the computer object.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by TrojansBaby Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:35 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Thanks Hinte for your response.

Ron

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:33 AM