Migrated content not targeted RRS feed

• Question

• I have migrated packages from SCCM 2007 to 2012.   If I look at SCCMContentLib, it looks like the files for all the packages are in there.

If I look at the content status for any package, they all say "Status information is currently unavailable" on all tabs.  The main Content Status screen shows the SCCM client is the only package that has any target. Our distrubution server is the same server as the site server.  If I deploy content on one of those apps, it then shows up with a target, it deploys successfully, and the content status starts working.  I guess im confused on why I have to deploy the content if the content is already there?  Is this just because there was some kind of migration problem?  Woud that mean those apps would not work until they were actually deployed despite the fact that the files are already in the content lib?

Friday, February 1, 2013 2:11 PM

All replies

• Did you also migrate the Software Distribution Deployments?  Software Distribution packages and Software Distribution deployments are two different object types.

Bob Edwards SDET, Microsoft Corporation SCCM PVT, STRESS, and Performance consultant

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:12 AM
  • sorry, I used the wrong terminology.  I meant distribute not deploy.

If I distribute content on one of those apps, it then shows up with a target, it distributes successfully, and the content status starts working. I guess im confused on why I have to distribute the content if the content is already in the contentlib?

Anotherwords I migrated packages, I see the files in those packages in the content lib, but none of the packages had any status and didnt appear to have a distrubution point depsite the content being in the content lib.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:27 PM