How to setup this style custom list form? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to setup a custom list form that ties multiple list together by one common element and need a few suggestions as to how the experts would do this.

First I have a main list called JOBS which is the foundation of all we do it is a complete list of all our jobs.Then we have other lists that relate to the JOBS list such as REVIEWS, BUILDOUT, PURCHASES etc....

What I would like is a main view that on top has a field that I can type in called JOBID when entered would populate some read only display fields pertaining to that JOBID from JOBS.

Just below that I would like to should some elements from a LIST called STATUS which also have a field in it called JOBID.

then below that I would like to have buttons that represent all the other associated lists when clicked would bring up the associated records where JOBID = the JOBID entered above.

Thoughts??????

Matt Pinkston
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 24, 2011 10:54 AM q
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 24, 2011 10:55 AM How to + ? added.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 24, 2011 10:55 AM wants suggestions on whch approach to take (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, June 24, 2011 10:49 AM

Answers

• For this kind of forms, you can create an application page which usually resides under the 12\Layouts folder.  It will be a standard ASPX page which will have a code behind assembly that retrieves all the data you require and bound to your controls in the web page.

MSDN Sample : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418732(v=office.12).aspx

Regards

Ranga

Regards Ranga www.sharepointfrontier.com
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:07 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 12:39 PM