uag 2010 web applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I added 2 web applications. The first one works, the second one does not. I noticed that in the trunk properties 'url sets' that the first web_rule  was present, but the second one was not? Do I have to add it manually?

thx jason
    Friday, January 22, 2010 2:22 AM

Answers

• Hi, It will work properly if you change the 'Application Type' to something different. For example I was just using the word 'Web'. After changing them 'OtherWeb1, OtherWeb2 ... etc it works.

Bottom line, you cant have the exact same name for 'Application Type'.

jason
    • Marked as answer by sigjas Friday, January 22, 2010 6:41 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 6:41 PM

All replies

• what was the application type you defined for each of the two apps?  (please be case sensitive in your reponse).   Also what was hte exact name of the rule that UAG did add to the ruleset for you?

Friday, January 22, 2010 2:58 PM
  • Hi, 'Other Web Application (portal hostname)'

Rule -> Web_Rule1 accept /renaissance/.* ingnore Post,Get

thx jason

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:48 PM
  • Hi, It will work properly if you change the 'Application Type' to something different. For example I was just using the word 'Web'. After changing them 'OtherWeb1, OtherWeb2 ... etc it works.

Bottom line, you cant have the exact same name for 'Application Type'.

jason
    • Marked as answer by sigjas Friday, January 22, 2010 6:41 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 6:41 PM
  • Sounds like the first one you added had a type of "Web" and also for the server/path/port you listed /renaissance instead of just /.    Then you added another application with teh same type of "Web", but I suspect your path was something different.   What happens is the UAG/IAG see's that it already added a rule for the "Web" application type so it doesn't add another, and it assumes the existing rule is fine or that you will modify it yourself.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 10:32 PM