Ratings tab? RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed theres a rating tab you can add, but I can't seem to change the rating.  I was going to change the rating for each artist folder in my music collection, and I got the rating tab to show up, but I can't set the rating.  Any ideas?
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:11 PM

Answers

• The rating has to be changed using Windows Media Player (iTunes can also modify ratings).  If you want the ratings in WMP to match up to what your music library folder shows, do this:

1 - In Media Player, tap the Alt key on your keyboard to show the menu, then choose Tools > Options.
    2 - On the Library tab, make sure the very bottom option is ON "Maintain my star ratings as global ratings in files"

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:30 AM
  • First, if you are trying to modify the ratings in the library, and the view setting is details.

Generally, we can change the ratings in the file properties directly. You can try the following steps.

1. Enablt Detail Pane.  Open Library explorer, click Origanize, and click Layout, then check Detail Pane.
    2. Locate your music file, change the rating in the Detail Pane at the bottom of the Explorer, Click save to save the changes.  

In addition, you can modify the rating for your music files in Windows Media Player or iTunes, after that you can see your rating settings in the library.  You can try the following steps.  

1. In Windows Media Player, click the Organize, and then click Options.
    2. Change to the Library tab, In the Automatic media information updates for files area, verify that the Maintain my star ratings as global ratings in files check box is selected.

When this setting is selected, your current ratings are stored in your individual media files instead of in your library database file. Even though the rating information is stored in a different file location, your ratings will still appear in your library as normal.

I hope this can help you.

John
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:33 AM

All replies

• The rating has to be changed using Windows Media Player (iTunes can also modify ratings).  If you want the ratings in WMP to match up to what your music library folder shows, do this:

1 - In Media Player, tap the Alt key on your keyboard to show the menu, then choose Tools > Options.
    2 - On the Library tab, make sure the very bottom option is ON "Maintain my star ratings as global ratings in files"

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:30 AM
  • First, if you are trying to modify the ratings in the library, and the view setting is details.

Generally, we can change the ratings in the file properties directly. You can try the following steps.

1. Enablt Detail Pane.  Open Library explorer, click Origanize, and click Layout, then check Detail Pane.
    2. Locate your music file, change the rating in the Detail Pane at the bottom of the Explorer, Click save to save the changes.  

In addition, you can modify the rating for your music files in Windows Media Player or iTunes, after that you can see your rating settings in the library.  You can try the following steps.  

1. In Windows Media Player, click the Organize, and then click Options.
    2. Change to the Library tab, In the Automatic media information updates for files area, verify that the Maintain my star ratings as global ratings in files check box is selected.

When this setting is selected, your current ratings are stored in your individual media files instead of in your library database file. Even though the rating information is stored in a different file location, your ratings will still appear in your library as normal.

I hope this can help you.

John
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:33 AM