Outlook 2016 prompts for credentials of wrong user RRS feed

• Question

• We have someone whose Outlook 2016 continuously prompts for credentials of a user which no longer exists. This computer is attached to a domain and Outlook is connected to Exchange.

I have tried clearing out all credentials from the credential manager and re-entering them when Outlook prompts. However, 30 seconds or so after Outlook is connected, it once again starts prompting for the wrong user's credentials. I cannot stop it and I have no idea where it could be coming from.

How do I check if there is some other resource that is attached to that user? Maybe a shared calendar or folder? Any ideas?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In Outlook client side, please check the Connection Status when the credentials prompted:
    press CTRL key - right click on the Outlook icon from right bottom corner taskbar –Connection Status to check the connection.
    Please notice the SMTP Address, Server name, status, protocol and Type information.

Also check if you have full access mailbox permission to that user mailbox in Exchange server.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:29 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue?

Please feel free to post back if you need any further assistance :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:20 AM