none
Hotmail Blacklisted? RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to send mails from Exhange to Hotmail and this is the message rejected from the Hotmail servers. (at the end of message)

We have looked for in some spamlists, we request they remove us from their lists and we don't appear now, but anyway we can't send mails to Hotmail.

Thanks and regards,

IT Los Nogales

____________________________________ Message rejected _____________________________________________

Algunos de los destinatarios no recibieron su mensaje.

Asunto:    Prueba
          Enviado el:    14/04/2010 12:40

No se puede localizar a los destinatarios siguientes:

rocolobo007@hotmail.com en 14/04/2010 12:40
                Problema de comunicación de SMTP con el servidor de correo electrónico del destinatario. Póngase en contacto con el administrador del sistema.
                <srv-correo2.residencias-asistidas.es #5.5.0 smtp;550 OU-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support>

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hi José, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Hotmail related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Hotmail support and forum:

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi José, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Hotmail related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Hotmail support and forum:

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:06 AM
  • Did you find a solution?

I too am having difficulty emailing hotmail users. It started on the 13th April. My server is not on any blacklists. The content contained no spam like characters and the server is not an open relay. Mail to other addresses works fine it is just Microsoft addresses (hotmail, live msn) that are rejected. Here is an example of a rejected message.

Message as sent:

Hi,

I’ve been having problems emailing Hotmail customers and so am using you as a test. Please confirm receipt of this message.

Regards,

Brian Watson

And this is what comes back ( with IP and names changed to protect identity):

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

**********@hotmail.com
    An error occurred while trying to deliver this message to the recipient's e-mail address. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: COL0-MC1-F9.Col0.hotmail.com.

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: my.server.com

**********@hotmail.com
    COL0-MC1-F9.Col0.hotmail.com #550 OU-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support ##

Original message headers:

Received: from OfficePC1 (11.22.33.44) by my.server.com
     (22.33.44.55) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.2.176.0; Tue, 20 Apr 2010
     20:58:36 +0100
    Reply-To: <my.email.address>
    To: <**********@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Hi
    Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:00:46 +0100
    Organization: Brian Watson & Co
    Message-ID: <003c01cae0c4$2adc4150$8094c3f0$@co.uk>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/related;