Windows 10 Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.I updated this morning to windows 10 and when I try to enter to Settings in the Start Menu it does nothing.Same happens when I want to go to Personalize to change my wallpaper but it also gives me this error:

http://i.imgur.com/bPB8Iwn.jpg

???

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Answers

• Alxbarbu,

It seems to be that the settings association is corrupted.

This should be fixed with a newly created user account.

If you are running under Microsoft Account, then please first create a new local account using lusrmgr.msc, simply type this under the search box, then click on the users on the left pane, choose to add a new user, after that, login using the newly created user account and check to see if issue insists.

If not, delete your old Microsoft Account and then add it again.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Friday, August 7, 2015 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Monday, August 10, 2015 9:09 AM
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 6:08 AM

All replies

• Same to me no setting , I think is the same as 10240 not the final version
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:17 PM
  • so the only thing is to wait for an updated ?...and by the way, I can´t even find the Update Center.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:47 PM
  • The update center is in the settings APP, without settings app we can do anything, like change the account from local to Microsoft, updates, etc. etc.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Alxbarbu,

It seems to be that the settings association is corrupted.

This should be fixed with a newly created user account.

If you are running under Microsoft Account, then please first create a new local account using lusrmgr.msc, simply type this under the search box, then click on the users on the left pane, choose to add a new user, after that, login using the newly created user account and check to see if issue insists.

If not, delete your old Microsoft Account and then add it again.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Friday, August 7, 2015 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Monday, August 10, 2015 9:09 AM
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 6:08 AM
    1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6. Close the CMD window.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:41 AM