It makes it impossible to play many games

I didn't encounter this problem with XP

System details :

Windows Vista SP1, Intellitype driver 6.2

Intel MB DP35DP with the latest BIOS driver
    Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:29 AM

Answers

•  

After checking the symptom, it seems this is a general hardware/hardware driver related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to hardware newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:42 AM

All replies

• Do you mean you can type normally but If you start to play a game the key becomes unpressed even though your still holding it down?

If yes I am having this problem too but with Mircosoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1. Would be grateful for some help.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Scup : Yes exactly, I also noticed now that the multimedia keys are not functioning

I have a PS/2 to USB adapter (I don't have a PS/2 port in my computer) - could that cause the problem?

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:18 PM
  • I don't think it would effect anything but this key problem is really starting to get on my nerves, It can't be a hardware problem because it happaned to both of us around the same times. I have even re-installed windows XP and changed about the USB slots and still the same thing. I have used this keyboard before it started going dodgy. I wouldn't think an update would bug the keyboards? Another thing I don't understand you can type perfectly fine, even if you open up notepad and just hold any letter down there are no breaks. I think we will just have to wait for a professional reply. Your multimedia keys arn't probley working because the drivers have to be installed. If it's the same layout as my keyboard you will find on the right side that MAIL; Web/Home; Messenger; work but the left side don't, can be fixed by installing drivers.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 4:23 PM
  • I have the latest driver intellitype 6.2, but I run on vista, any way you can see what I'm talking asbout if you'll start the application mskey (should be under C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\mskey.exe)

Just launch it, press and hold A, then press and hold S (don't releas A), then release S (A is still pressed), after S is released the keyboard releases A too even though you pressed it the whole time!

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:54 PM
  •  

After checking the symptom, it seems this is a general hardware/hardware driver related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to hardware newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:42 AM
  • Thanks for the answer, I will post it there.

The reasom I used this forum is because it didn't happen with XP SP2 only in vista

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:07 PM