Windows 7 Games Download RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought an Acer laptop with windows 10. I do not like at all the simple games in the store and would like to know if there is a way to download the windows 7 Spider Solitaire, Mahjong Titans, etc. I read some recommendtions but they are not from Microsoft and I do not want to download something that will cause software problems or damage the laptop performance. Any advice? Thanks
    Saturday, July 1, 2017 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi AGLEZC,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to play Windows 7 games on Windows 10 computer.

I'm afraid these games were removed from Windows 10 by design and are no longer available period. You can Download Microsoft Solitaire Collection or other third party Apps from the store.

Also you could get the information from the link below.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-windows-7-classic-games-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 2:27 AM
  • Hi AGLEZC.

You cannot download the old Windows 7 games on Windows 10, because they are build on a different platform compared to the new one where the games downloaded from the Store run.
    Anyway, there is an alternative: read here to know more about that; keep in mind that this information comes from a non Microsoft source, therefore it is not supported by Microsoft itself.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, July 1, 2017 10:27 PM

All replies

• Hi AGLEZC.

You cannot download the old Windows 7 games on Windows 10, because they are build on a different platform compared to the new one where the games downloaded from the Store run.
    Anyway, there is an alternative: read here to know more about that; keep in mind that this information comes from a non Microsoft source, therefore it is not supported by Microsoft itself.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, July 1, 2017 10:27 PM
  • Hi AGLEZC,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to play Windows 7 games on Windows 10 computer.

I'm afraid these games were removed from Windows 10 by design and are no longer available period. You can Download Microsoft Solitaire Collection or other third party Apps from the store.

Also you could get the information from the link below.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-windows-7-classic-games-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 2:27 AM
  • Hi AGLEZC,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Friday, July 21, 2017 11:54 AM