Upgrade from Vista Buisiness to Win 7 Pro.Not all the games are there RRS feed

• Question

• Went to control panel-turn windows features on-off.All the games are checked but some are missing
    under games.I am looking for spider solitaire.  
    Friday, November 13, 2009 8:18 PM

Answers

• Spider Solitaire should be included. If you can't find it you can download it here:
    http://download.cnet.com/Spider-Solitaire/3000-18526_4-10911461.html

Where are my games?

Games that come with Windows , and any new games you choose to install, appear in the Games folder.

Open the Games folder by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button . In the search box, type games , and then, in the list of results, click Games Explorer .

If you don't see a particular title, it could be for one of these reasons:

• It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see Install a game in the Games folder .

• Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button , click Control Panel , click Programs , and then under Programs and Features , click Turn Windows features on or off .

2. Select the Games check box, and then click OK .

• It's a premium game. Some Windows games, such as Chess Titans or Internet Checkers, are available only in some editions of Windows .

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:03 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

• Spider Solitaire should be included. If you can't find it you can download it here:
    http://download.cnet.com/Spider-Solitaire/3000-18526_4-10911461.html

Where are my games?

Games that come with Windows , and any new games you choose to install, appear in the Games folder.

Open the Games folder by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button . In the search box, type games , and then, in the list of results, click Games Explorer .

If you don't see a particular title, it could be for one of these reasons:

• It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see Install a game in the Games folder .

• Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button , click Control Panel , click Programs , and then under Programs and Features , click Turn Windows features on or off .

2. Select the Games check box, and then click OK .

• It's a premium game. Some Windows games, such as Chess Titans or Internet Checkers, are available only in some editions of Windows .

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:03 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Went to control panel-turn windows features on-off.All the games are checked but some are missing
    under games.I am looking for spider solitaire.  

I'm not sure what to expect. I believe that the games were not installed by default in Vista Business.

A random suggestion: go back to the control panel, and uncheck the game as if you were uninstalling it. Press "OK". Then, re-install it. (Check the box, and press "OK' again.) With any luck, the game will then be installed.

Let us know if it works.
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 2:09 AM