Help: Explorer.exe Class not Registered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I've already looked at the other "class not registered explorer.exe" questions and answers, and none of them have worked for me.

I know that what I've done to my computer will probably void the warranty and be outside the assistance of Microsoft, but here goes. I was using Windows 7 Theme manager to change themes on my computer - not just wallpapers, but the look and feel of the taskbar and stuff. Anyways, it was going fine until I installed a theme called "spot," which is on Deviantart if you want to check it out. I installed it, and when I rebooted, my computer's taskbar would not show and all I got was a black screen. I can access task manager and all my programs through it. If anyone knows how to fix this, I am deeply grateful. Again, I am cognizant that this was completely my fault.

Again, when I run regsvr32, I get an error that "explorerFrame.dll" was loaded, but the entry-point "DllRegisterServer" was not found. 

Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The theme may be incompatible with Windows 7.

It is suggested to perform system restore and recover the system first. You can boot into Safe Mode to perform system restore if normal mode won't make it.

Beside, in case the display card driver has been corrupted, It is suggested reinstall the display card driver.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:33 AM