none
The task sequence never finish RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

First I want to apologize for my bad English, I have one problem , I try to install one windows 7 X86 whit MDT but i have some conditions. I have some aplications that dont have unattended/silent instal and i need install this aplication unattended , I think create a S.O reference ( instal aplications , updates , language pack) and create a capture task whit mdt then i install this S.O and others aplications that have unattended/silent installation , i do it but the task secuence never finish , it is really important i want help please , thanks for you time

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• A little hard to understand, but you should do a few things.

Check the logs, and if you haven't created them, then you should do so in the CustomSettings.ini.

Confirm the application installs locally using the same cmdline.

But easiest thing to do is check the logs with CMTrace. Then if you need help you can send us the log file information.

Thanks
    NN

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:37 AM
  • I check the logs in C:\Windows\Temp but in the logs dont have error

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:06 AM
  • Ideally you need the MDT logs. Take a look here: https://scriptimus.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/mdt-2010-storing-log-files-centrally/

Set this up redeploy and check these logs.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:08 AM
  • Yes I just check this logs but It didnt have error
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:41 AM
  • it is my log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B56W-mRyE1_XaVlJS29lcjNmNkk/view?usp=sharing
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:45 AM
  • Can you post a screen shot of what your task sequence looks like? As for those applications, if they have no way to silently install, you will have to make your own packages using Autoit or some other method. You could possibly install them in your reference image, but that should be a last resort.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:45 PM
  • I cant post a screen shot because the task secuence does nothing .. the task secuence install S.O and then restart the computer , when the computer restart it isnt continue whit the task secuence , the computer never show the finish screen and if i run PXE mode the mdt send screen saying: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B56W-mRyE1_XSm50MEdzNHNYTnM&authuser=0
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:39 AM
  • A picture of the task sequence from the MDT workbench is what Dan was asking (unless I am wrong)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 22, 2015 6:44 PM
  • You're right, that's what I was asking for. I wanted to see how he has his task sequence laid out. Since language is a barrier here, pictures can help.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, May 22, 2015 6:58 PM
  • Hey Andres,

I see this, 

<![LOG[ERROR: Invalid OS GUID {fc498653-2d9b-4251-86da-6ae2bd47a145} specified for task sequence CUSTOM]LOG]!><time="03:25:28.000+000" date="05-20-2015" component="Wizard" context="" type="1" thread="" file="Wizard">

but looks like you were trying with a task sequence named as "Prubeax" from this log:

<! [LOG[InstallFromPath: \\172.20.250.3\deploymentshare$\Operating Systems\prubeax\prubeax.wim]LOG]!><time="03:25:37.000+000" date="05-20-2015" component="Wizard" context="" type="1" thread="" file="Wizard">

I reviewed your log and we are reaching till STATERESTORE phase just fine, 

<![LOG[Property PHASE is now = STATERESTORE]LOG]!><time="03:33:30.000+000" date="05-20-2015" component="ZTINextPhase" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTINextPhase">

but nothing happens pretty much after that,

Questions: 

1. Do you have a custom step in your TS, like running a command line or installing an application?

2. Can you reproduce the issue with a plain vanilla task sequence as well, without any application etc? 

3. I see you are installing it on a virtual box right now- is the behavior consistent across all the hardware models?

Mayank Sharma Support Engineer at Microsoft working in Enterprise Platform Support.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 7:26 PM