Sequencing Acrobat 9 Pro on 2008 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using APPv 4.6 2008 x64 sequencer and trying to sequence Acrobat Pro 9.0 

After sequencing Acrobat Pro 9 I cannot print to any printer even local printers. I get the message "Before you can perform print related tasks, you need to install a printer". I can go to Print Setup and see all my local printers and select them but still get the same message when trying to print to any of them.

I dont mind that I am not getting the Adobe PDF printer but would like to print to my local printers. Is there anything special I have to do to get printing working?

I have installed the application locally to the server as a test and all printing works fine so it appears to be an appv issue.

Thanks

Mark

Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:34 PM

Answers

• Have found a solution. Using Procmon found that the app was looking for the "Adobe PDF" printer and failing. By either installing Adobe PDF printer locally or renaming/creating any printer named "Adobe PDF" will allow you access to all your printers.

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, April 30, 2010 12:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:07 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 12:02 AM

All replies

• Have found a solution. Using Procmon found that the app was looking for the "Adobe PDF" printer and failing. By either installing Adobe PDF printer locally or renaming/creating any printer named "Adobe PDF" will allow you access to all your printers.

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, April 30, 2010 12:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:07 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 12:02 AM
  • Sounds like you didn't create a printer object in your Sequencer before sequencing Acrobat. Was that the case?

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:25 AM
  • Hello,

Regardless if there is a printer available natively before sequencing Adobe it will capture the registry key for the default printer set in the users profile. Since this often is not the same as when distributed - adobe fails to find a printer.

Remove the key post sequencing to resolve the problem.

/Znack

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:02 PM