none
Internet Explorer settings not applying

Question

• Hi, this is my situation. Our DC is Win2008 SP2 x86 both Primary and Secondary. We have a requirement for all of our users. 

First is to add some list of websites to be excluded from pop-up, second is to add some sites in compatibility list.

So I added this sites in the following:

Computer Config>Admin Templates>Windows Comp>Internet Explorer>Pop-up allow list

User Config>Preferences>Control Panel Settings>Internet Settings>Internet Explorer 7

Not sure if I lack something but both of these policies are not applying in my network. 

Our IE version is 11.

Thanks

Jeff

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 5:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To add web site to Compatibility View List, you might want to take a look at this blog post and follow the steps mentioned in it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/archive/2013/10/23/how-to-add-web-site-to-compatibility-view-list-via-gpo.aspx

Please note that if you deploy these from Administrative Templates via GPO, both changes do not get reflected in IE user interface.

You can check corresponding regstry keys on client machine to verify the changes:

Compatibility View List: HKCU(HKLM)\Software\[Wow6432Node]\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\PolicyList
    Popup Allow List: HKCU/software/policies/microsoft/Internet Explorer/new windows/allow

Also, run "GPresult /h c:\result.html" to see if the GPO has been applied correctly.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 7:02 AM
  • Sounds like you have figured out the pop-up allow list.

The compatibility mode is here: Computer Configuration > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Compatibility View: use policy list of Internet Explorer 7 sites - enter the sites there. 

If that doesn't fix the sites in question, you may want to explore Enterprise Mode Site List Manager. I use that for the "stubborn," really old websites that no one has updated in years. You can bust the site all the way down to IE5 document mode. See this link for more information: 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn640701.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 

Charlie Newman

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To add web site to Compatibility View List, you might want to take a look at this blog post and follow the steps mentioned in it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/archive/2013/10/23/how-to-add-web-site-to-compatibility-view-list-via-gpo.aspx

Please note that if you deploy these from Administrative Templates via GPO, both changes do not get reflected in IE user interface.

You can check corresponding regstry keys on client machine to verify the changes:

Compatibility View List: HKCU(HKLM)\Software\[Wow6432Node]\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\PolicyList
    Popup Allow List: HKCU/software/policies/microsoft/Internet Explorer/new windows/allow

Also, run "GPresult /h c:\result.html" to see if the GPO has been applied correctly.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 7:02 AM
  • Sounds like you have figured out the pop-up allow list.

The compatibility mode is here: Computer Configuration > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Compatibility View: use policy list of Internet Explorer 7 sites - enter the sites there. 

If that doesn't fix the sites in question, you may want to explore Enterprise Mode Site List Manager. I use that for the "stubborn," really old websites that no one has updated in years. You can bust the site all the way down to IE5 document mode. See this link for more information: 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn640701.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 

Charlie Newman

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:22 AM
  • Hi Ethan,

Sorry for the late reply, havent tested the above suggestion due to workload, will let you guys know as soon as I tested it.

Thanks

Jeff

Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:19 AM
  • OK. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Friday, November 13, 2015 1:37 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

How is it going? Please feel free to let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:32 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Friday, November 20, 2015 2:20 AM