Windows 7 & Sony SX44 Camcorder RRS feed

• Question

• After loading the PMB on my computer and downloading video from the camera, I cannot create a dvd.  A drop down window tells me it cannot write on the disc.  I have confirmed that I am using the correct DVD.  In the specifications for the program says I will need DirectX 9.  Do I have to download DirectX9?  How do I check to see if my computer already has DirectX 9?

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:17 AM Moved to relevant forum category (From:Windows Vista Applications)
    Monday, February 7, 2011 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows 7 has DirectX11 built in. You can follow these steps to check the version of Direct X:

1 Click “Start”

2 Input “dxdiag.exe” in Search Box and press Enter

A windows of DirectX Diagnostic Tool will pup-out and you can find the version of DirectX in it. If the programs persist to ask you to install DirectX 9, I suggest to contact Sony to confirm if DirectX 9 is necessary.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, February 14, 2011 5:24 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:17 AM