IE really bites! RRS feed

• Question

• Why is my Chrome ALWAYS much quicker the my absolutely pathetic IE?  You would think that, after all the updates I've uploaded, at least some of them would make my IE work half way decently.

I shouldn't have to set my default to Chrome just to be able to use the internet.  But I haven't got the time or patience to wait until IE decides to do its thing. Lucky thing I have Google.

Thanks again Microsoft...

Sunday, April 12, 2015 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post and I know the inconvenience when IE works not good enough.

A part of the causes is that there are more add-ons and ActiveX are built for IE - so in some specific websites, IE have to load more settings before starting displaying the website.

With disable add-on, turn on pop-up blockers and disable some activeX will help improve the performance.

Specifically you can test to run IE in Private mode (press Ctrl + Shift + P on IE window). If it works better than normal mode, it is caused by those items (Toolbar, extensions) disabled in Private Mode. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 13, 2015 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post and I know the inconvenience when IE works not good enough.

A part of the causes is that there are more add-ons and ActiveX are built for IE - so in some specific websites, IE have to load more settings before starting displaying the website.

With disable add-on, turn on pop-up blockers and disable some activeX will help improve the performance.

Specifically you can test to run IE in Private mode (press Ctrl + Shift + P on IE window). If it works better than normal mode, it is caused by those items (Toolbar, extensions) disabled in Private Mode. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 13, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Shaon

Thanks for the wonderful and very informative response.  I will try your method and let you know how it works.

Have a great day!

Monday, April 13, 2015 12:58 PM
  • Actually the deeper issue here is that my Internet Explorer keeps "not working". 

I have the fastest Comcast residential service. I have two very capable laptops.

Do I go to Comcast for help?

Do I go to Toshiba for help?

Do I go to Microsoft for help?

That is my real dilemma.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:05 PM
  • Actually the deeper issue here is that my Internet Explorer keeps "not working". 

That sounds like a different symptom description than (an implication that) "IE is slower than Chrome in all cases".

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:28 PM
    Answerer