Should We? RRS feed

• Question

• I am asking this community for the first time a question so please let take it easy on me. I am growing IT man who does his thing to support his family. Ok so please tell me do you think its a good idea to upgrade my business customers to windows 10 pro ? 

They are using 7 pro now, its connected to a domain and i was wonder if there is any impacts to upgrade these users?  How does it play with 2012 r2 

Any feedback or recommendations please help

thank you 

Friday, July 31, 2015 4:11 PM

Answers

• That's something that only you can answer, but a conservative approach would be prudent.

There are two milestone releases coming in the next three months: first, in about a month, Service Release 1 (SR1), which is going to be a big pile of bug-fixes. I would at least wait for that.

Then, in October, the Threshold 2 release, which will have an even bigger pile of bug-fixes along with some features missing in the initial release (Threshold 1), such as certain Edge features and increased plug-and-play with Azure AD.

• Marked as answer by MovingUp Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:27 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 7:36 PM
  • I agree with rseiler, on top of waiting for the things he mentioned, I would get one copy of Win 10 and put it in a VM and TEST TEST TEST all the software that your business customers and yourself will need to use. Make sure it's all compatible and sort out any configuration changes that need to be made BEFORE upgrading.

It is never a good idea to upgrade blind.

• Edited by Acreed02 Friday, July 31, 2015 7:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by MovingUp Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:26 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 7:38 PM

All replies

• That's something that only you can answer, but a conservative approach would be prudent.

There are two milestone releases coming in the next three months: first, in about a month, Service Release 1 (SR1), which is going to be a big pile of bug-fixes. I would at least wait for that.

Then, in October, the Threshold 2 release, which will have an even bigger pile of bug-fixes along with some features missing in the initial release (Threshold 1), such as certain Edge features and increased plug-and-play with Azure AD.

• Marked as answer by MovingUp Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:27 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 7:36 PM
  • I agree with rseiler, on top of waiting for the things he mentioned, I would get one copy of Win 10 and put it in a VM and TEST TEST TEST all the software that your business customers and yourself will need to use. Make sure it's all compatible and sort out any configuration changes that need to be made BEFORE upgrading.

It is never a good idea to upgrade blind.

• Edited by Acreed02 Friday, July 31, 2015 7:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by MovingUp Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:26 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 7:38 PM
  • Hello,

Some points you need to consider:

1. Compatibility. For both hardware and software.

2. User experience. Maybe you can have a survey.

Microsoft always encourage the customer to use the latest version. If you encounter any problem, you can ask the question either in the forum or make a phone call. Microsoft support will response at the first time.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:03 AM