Exchange 2010 sp2 federation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding Exchange 2010 Org federation:

1) Will any remote Exchange organization have access to your free busy information if its registered on the "Microsoft federation Gateway"? The reason why I'm asking is, how do one restrict free/busy information only to one remote Exchange Organization? As far as I understand it, once you are registered with the "Microsoft Federation Gateway" anyone can just simply put in the primary smtp address of the user in and he will see all the free/busy information. I know you can restrict the rights on the sharing policy, but can you restrict to lets say only Exchange organization B can view Exchange Organization A's free/busy information?

If someone can just please explain so that it makes more sense to me please :)

Thanks

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi

You need to create an organisation relationship with another company before they can see your free/busy.  Part of setting up the relationship allows you to configure what is shared at a global level.  Connecting to the gateway allows other organisations to federate with you but only after the relationship has been configured. 

Cheers, Steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:51 AM