Java runtime environment turns off aero RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the latest Java Runtime Environment and Windows Vista Aero turns off and goes to basic.  Im running RC1.
    Saturday, September 9, 2006 12:25 AM

Answers

• Sun's Java 6 JRE Beta is full compatible with Aero in RC1.

I have tested various Java-based applications and webservices without a glitch in Aero or a fallback to Aero-basic.

Java6Beta is downloadable from Sun, but you have to search for it, as the official site java.com still offers Java 5.xxx as the latest available product.

They want it to go official by December as I have read.

So this will be no topic anymore when Vista goes RTM.

SBJ

Monday, September 11, 2006 4:20 AM

All replies

• Whilst java installs and runs on vista, it is not yet fully compatible with aero, or ie7.

Apparantly java are working on a version 6 beta for vista.

just keep your eyes out for it......................... i will!!

Saturday, September 9, 2006 7:36 PM
  • Sun's Java 6 JRE Beta is full compatible with Aero in RC1.

I have tested various Java-based applications and webservices without a glitch in Aero or a fallback to Aero-basic.

Java6Beta is downloadable from Sun, but you have to search for it, as the official site java.com still offers Java 5.xxx as the latest available product.

They want it to go official by December as I have read.

So this will be no topic anymore when Vista goes RTM.

SBJ

Monday, September 11, 2006 4:20 AM
  • I heard from someone that the 32 bit version will allow you to use Aero, so I tried this.  The results where not so go.  The system went to a crawl whenever I opened up anything that uses Java such as Azureus or my checkbook program.  I'm sure this is just because it is still beta and that the final release of Java 6 will work out ok.
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:42 PM