Start Menu Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

i am facing a problem in start menu search field. i mistakenly deleted a certain folder from the all programs list, i dont know which one is it, i think it's just called "Programs" i tried to restore it, didnt work.

as a result of this ( i think), first all the programs disappeard fromt he all programs list, i copied all the programs from "program files" into the "programs" folder, so now i got the programs back in the all programs list but that didn't solve the next problem which is whenever i type anything in the search box on start menu, it takes a huge amount of time searching and then it doesn't find the correct program im looking for and that i used to find very easily and very quickly before.

for example when i type "calc" i used to get calculator immediatly and very quickly, now it searches a lot of time, and it doesn't even come out, i get some calc.beam files. same thing for "services" for example, and all the other programs.

Please help me out on this, this is getting really really annoying.

i've been trying to post a thread on windows help communities for the past 3 days, but whenever i click on "sign in" there it brings me back to the same page and im still not signed in, it's really irritating.

now i don't know how i found this page, i really hope u can help me.

thanks a lot

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:13 PM

Answers

• Restore the system to a date before you made the deletion.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:51 PM