none
Server in read-only mode (Excel Report) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create an Excel Report (Pivot Table) from the TimeSheetOLAP cube but I get the error:

Server in read-only mode : this workbook has been opened from a server in read only mode.

If i click Modifiy the workbook, I get the message: an issue happened while connecting to the server. Contact your administrator.

What am I missing? Any idea?

Thanks

Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:32 PM

Answers

• I suspect someone already checked out the workbook. Just a try. Download a copy of the workbook and upload again on different name. Later try to build the report. If that doesn't work, check your permission on the OLAP cube.
    Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:50 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 1:41 AM
  • The OLAP cubes are configured with two groups.  ReportAuthors and ReportViewers.  Make sure that you are in the ReportAuthors group.

Also, make sure that you configure Excel services probably and that the Secure Store has a key created.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:49 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 1:08 PM
  • WLID1966,

mate try one thing, when you come across this issue - close you excel (not only the report, the excel itself including any files/report open) then go back to the business intelligence center and open the report again. when you will try to open it, you will get the message to open the report in "read-only" or "edit", select edit and now see if you able to modify it or not ?

let us know if it works.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:17 PM

All replies

• I suspect someone already checked out the workbook. Just a try. Download a copy of the workbook and upload again on different name. Later try to build the report. If that doesn't work, check your permission on the OLAP cube.
    Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Friday, January 14, 2011 1:41 AM
  • Hi Sriram,

I'm the only one user working on this test server... Nevertheless I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

Friday, January 14, 2011 1:03 PM
  • The OLAP cubes are configured with two groups.  ReportAuthors and ReportViewers.  Make sure that you are in the ReportAuthors group.

Also, make sure that you configure Excel services probably and that the Secure Store has a key created.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:49 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 1:08 PM
  • WLID1966,

mate try one thing, when you come across this issue - close you excel (not only the report, the excel itself including any files/report open) then go back to the business intelligence center and open the report again. when you will try to open it, you will get the message to open the report in "read-only" or "edit", select edit and now see if you able to modify it or not ?

let us know if it works.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Thanks to everybody,

I checked and tried all these suggesitons, I ran again the OLAP cube building, and now that works!

Thanks again!

Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:58 PM