Office 2003 w/ 2007 file converters RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to sequence Office 2003 standard with the 2007 converter patch. During sequencing everything goes perfect. The documents open correctly several times. When we publish this package the converter fails. When we go back to the sequencer we see that the msiexec tries to install something again, and it fails in the sequencer this time. I have run filemon and regmon and found no failures or anything else that points to the problem.

Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions or suggestions?

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Usually I see this when not having followed best practice (ergo, not installing to Q;\assetdir) for Office and specifically word.

I know the compatibility pack had some issues which might relate to similiar facts.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:30 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 9:54 PM

All replies

• can you check in the eventlog which component is responsible for triggering the self healing process.
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:47 PM
  • Currently there is nothing being written to any event logs (sequencer or TS). I have the applications so that they all open. I am still getting an error when I try to open a 2007 excel, word or powerpoint document. The error says "The Converter failed to open the file."

I have the file converter installed on the terminal server and it is also installed on the sequencer before monitoring begins and again after Office is installed and updated. I have the respective document types in each application and I have left the Open XML Converter as part of the package and the document types are associated with this application as well.

Monday, November 17, 2008 8:48 PM
  • Hello,

Usually I see this when not having followed best practice (ergo, not installing to Q;\assetdir) for Office and specifically word.

I know the compatibility pack had some issues which might relate to similiar facts.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:30 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 9:54 PM