Norton RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had a virus pop up on my system 3-4 different times. I tryed loading my system from a previous spot in the configuration and that works for a bit then in a week or so it pops up again. I went and bought norton antivirus 2011 and tryed installing that. It wont install sayin that my windows live care has been disabled. Somebody please help!
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can restore the computer to the time point when the computer works normally.

The windows live care you mentioned, is it Windows Live OneCare safety scanner? I suspect there could be some conflicts between this safety scanner and the Norton 2011. You can uninstall this  Windows Live OneCare safety scanner firstly, then install the Norton 2011.

In addition, I recommend you use Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your PC.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, January 7, 2011 3:32 AM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:54 AM

All replies

• i see that you can try to reinstall windows 7 then install Norton antivirus

or

try to log to safe mode and then try to install the anti virus application

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:47 PM
  • Download and run Malwarebytes ( www.malwarebytes.org )

Jerry

Monday, December 27, 2010 9:51 PM
  • Hi,

You can restore the computer to the time point when the computer works normally.

The windows live care you mentioned, is it Windows Live OneCare safety scanner? I suspect there could be some conflicts between this safety scanner and the Norton 2011. You can uninstall this  Windows Live OneCare safety scanner firstly, then install the Norton 2011.

In addition, I recommend you use Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your PC.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, January 7, 2011 3:32 AM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:54 AM