Re-Install Software Update Point without using Old data RRS feed

• Question

• I had installed WSUS/Software Update Point/SCUP 2011 all on the Central Site Admin server (Small Deployment all roles on one server, SQL 2008 R2 is separate server cluster).  As this was my first time I published too many third party updates to SCCM and wanted to uninstall Software Update Point and re-install to start fresh.

I uninstalled SCUP, SUP, and WSUS and reinstalled WSUS first followed by Software Update Point (after waiting only 30 min.  The Software Update Point picked up the same updates from the database as was previously there.

Is there a way to start fresh on the same server and remove the data from the database somehow?

Jason Apt, Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2010 My Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hi, all the old updates will be cleaned up by SCCM automatically after 7 days.

If not more actions have to be taking using a script to clean the database. But I advise to wait 7 days.

Nicolai

• Marked as answer by JasonApt Monday, October 1, 2012 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi, all the old updates will be cleaned up by SCCM automatically after 7 days.

If not more actions have to be taking using a script to clean the database. But I advise to wait 7 days.

Nicolai

• Marked as answer by JasonApt Monday, October 1, 2012 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:00 PM
  • When you uninstalled WSUS, did you select remove database, log files and downloaded updates?

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939818(v=ws.10).aspx

In your post you do not indicate where the WSUS database was installed. On the Central Site Server or the separate SQL cluster.

Friday, September 14, 2012 11:20 AM