outlook is disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently updated 365 and I am running windows 10 my emails are there if I use the generic mail app but when I launch outlook the toolbar shows the status as disconnected and send/receive makes no difference...help please?

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

So this is something that went from a working to non-working scenario right after you "updated 365"? How did you update your Office 365?

What type of email account do you use (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange)? This usually happens with Exchange accounts when server time-outs have occurred. Might be obvious, but please try to restart your PC if you haven't done yet, this is the main thing you need to do if you get this error while working on Outlook.

Also, when you get disconnected, you should be able to see the "Connect to Server" icon on the Send/Receive tab, try to click it to reconnect to the server.

If issue persists, try to remove and re-add your mail account in Outlook, and see if that will correct the issue.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:01 AM