F-Secure-Int-Sec-2009 no permenant product updates while running SteadyState 2.5 with WDP RRS feed

• Question

• Could anyone please help me with the updating of FS IS 2009 within SteadyState "protection Mode"

I am aware that you can create a "script" for this sort of thing etc etc but that is for those with programing knowledge i would presumme.
     i can just about do most admin stuff, but dont have knowledge of programing at present althogh i am reading the basics of Java at present in my spare time.

Does anyone already have a "script" working for F-secure Internet Security 2009 which i could use or alter as needed, if not any advise would be appreciated.

thanx in advance to those with any ideas
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi artfulldodger33, unfortunately, F-secure antivirus is not officially supported by Windows SteadyState currently. We do not have existing script for it. As we do not support custom script development in this forum, you will need to write your own custom update script. When you write a custom script, please pay attention to the following:

1. Custom scripts must be written so that they return only after actions in the custom script have been completed.

2. If a custom script update on a Windows SteadyState computer requires any resources during a scheduled update, such as a valid network connection, the resource must be available at the time of the update.

3. If F-secure shows any blocking UI (for example, a dialog that requires user interaction), then the updates will fail.

Also, you can refer to the following threads regarding script:

Script with schedule update at certain time and disk protection on and set to remove changes
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1951048&SiteID=17

F-secure updating
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/thread/4684d046-e4a9-486e-b84a-91b4bc3a6b38/

Thank you for your understanding.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:20 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:29 AM

All replies