Export Service Manager 2012 SP1 Views from TEST to PROD RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed the Management Pack used for Views is sealed.  Does this mean that I cannot migrate my TEST views into production?
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

• You can have as many management packs with views as you want. So if you have made some custom views in test, you can have those in your own MP separate from the existing ones. The only exception is if you are using the combination class Incident (Typical) or if you've made your own MP with type projections. But if you are using the Incident (Advanced) you are using TypeProjections stored in a sealed out-of-the-box management pack that exists in both test and prod.

• Marked as answer by Herb Winhoven Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:34 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:24 PM

All replies

• You can have as many management packs with views as you want. So if you have made some custom views in test, you can have those in your own MP separate from the existing ones. The only exception is if you are using the combination class Incident (Typical) or if you've made your own MP with type projections. But if you are using the Incident (Advanced) you are using TypeProjections stored in a sealed out-of-the-box management pack that exists in both test and prod.

• Marked as answer by Herb Winhoven Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:34 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:24 PM
  • I thought it was not good to use Incident (Advanced) do to performance issues.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:32 PM