none
Project tasks and Share Point Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have made a template for one of my projects on project professional 2013. I will use this template so I wont need to type the tasks every time I create a project, as they are always the same.

Everything looks good but the project site does not seem to be syncing with the schedule part of the project. Every time I try to add the tasks to the timeline its says: This project can only be edited through Project Web App. Edit Project.

Monday, July 6, 2015 10:42 AM

Answers

• Marcus --

Assuming you are the Project Server administrator, do the following:

1. Log into PWA with Administrator permissions.
    2. Click Server Settings > Connected SharePoint Sites.
    3. On the Connected SharePoint Sites page, click the Settings button in the toolbar.
    4. In the Settings dialog, select the Sync Enterprise Projects to Tasks List checkbox.
    5. Click the OK button.

After completing the above steps, your PMs will need to open, save, publish, and close each project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Marcus Frois Monday, July 6, 2015 11:13 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 11:02 AM

All replies

• Marcus --

Assuming you are the Project Server administrator, do the following:

1. Log into PWA with Administrator permissions.
    2. Click Server Settings > Connected SharePoint Sites.
    3. On the Connected SharePoint Sites page, click the Settings button in the toolbar.
    4. In the Settings dialog, select the Sync Enterprise Projects to Tasks List checkbox.
    5. Click the OK button.

After completing the above steps, your PMs will need to open, save, publish, and close each project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Marcus Frois Monday, July 6, 2015 11:13 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 11:02 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

This is because you are trying to add tasks from the project site (sharepoint site) through the task list. This task list is read only, in order to avoid conflict between the task list and the schedule which are synchronized. Either update the project's tasks within Project Pro 2013, or open the project from PWA (Project Web Access), navigate to the schedule page and edit the tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, July 6, 2015 11:05 AM
  • It helped a lot. Thanks a million. 
    Monday, July 6, 2015 11:11 AM