Fielded Search with Wildcards on "Title" Field is not returning desired result. RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a indexed document in FAST ESP with title as "PcGASummary.xml". When I am doing a fieded search on "title" field for value "Pcg*.xml", then I am getting this desired document in my search results. But when I am executing the query "Pc*.xml", I am not getting this document in search result.

As per my expectation it should be displayed as the wildcard "*" is still convering the "g" which I am giving extra in my query, for which I am getting the search result.

Please help is anyone has faced this kind of scenario previously.

Thanks

Ashish

Ashish Gupta

Friday, November 23, 2012 7:47 PM

All replies

• How is the wildacard defined in your index-profile - prefix/full?
    Are you getting any errors like wildcard threshold exceeded error and when you say you don`t get the document, are you getting other documents returned with pc*.xml

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:00 PM
  • Yes, I am getting other document (around 16), but those starting from "Pcg" are not not there.

Searching on "PcV*.xml" I am getting the files where "PcV" is a prefix in the filename.

One other thing which I just noticed that when I am doing search on "PcG*.xml", it is showing hit highlighting in the description(teaser) correctly in those documents where the actual documents are referred into body of other documents.

Thanks

Ashish

Ashish Gupta

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:02 PM
  • One more thing : You said to check that how wildcard is defined in index profile. But I am not seeing any occurance of "wildcard" into my index profile file.

Thanks

Ashish

Ashish Gupta

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:14 PM
  • I beleive by default wildcard should be full, but I would recommend running the same tests with the field having wildcard="full" in the index-profile.
    Next , check if running the query(pc*.xml)  with debug enabled get the correct expansion. Also, you can $FASTSEARCH/etc/config_data/QRServer/webcluster/etc/qrserver/parseindex.map if it has wildcard matching value for wildcard for the specific field.

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:12 PM