none
Adding another sever to Exchange 2003 Org. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have 2 Exchange Server and due to space on the OS partition on one of the server we have to build a new server with a bigger C drive. I would like to know the best way of getting this done. Below are our current config's of our existing environment.

**********Below is the server thats running out of space**********

-Server 2003 Standard Edt. SP2 32 bit OS. (BackEnd Server)

-Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) 

**********Below is the Front End server. Also very little space but we are not upgrading this server********

- Server 2003 Standard Edt. SP2 32 bit OS. (FrontEnd Server)

--Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) 

We will like it use Server 2008 however this is not supported on Exchange 2003. Below are the question i have if some one can have a look at this would be great.

Questions:

1. Can we have Server 2003 x64 with Exchange 2003 on it?

2. Or do i have to have the same OS version as the existing one listed above?

3. Step by Step instruction on how to accomplish this and what exactly is involved in this process.

4. Once we have the new server up and running with Exchange 2003 installed do we have to demote the existing mail server or can we just add the new one to our organization?

Im sure i will have lot more questions to ask as i go along. Please let me know if i have missed out on anything.

Thanks in Advance.

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:55 PM

Answers

All replies