ldpInitiatedSignon.htm not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - 

I am trying to setup a fresh ADFS server on Server 2016 using the same certs from our one that is in production. 

Initially the https://adfs.domain-name.com/adfs/ls/ldpinitiatedsignon.htm page was working and I was prompted to login. However, I could not log in?

So I mounted a 2012r2 ISO on our old ADFS server - ran the .\export-federationconfiguration.ps1 script. I then copied the folder to the new server. Mounted a 2016 ISO and ran the import script. All imported fine. 

Now, the test sign on page doesn't even pull up. I'm curious why it break after an import? Any thoughts?

Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Volcy

You have tryed to check idpinitiatedsignon status? 

For the check you will  need use this powershell command:

Get-AdfsProperties | fl *idpinitiatedsignon*

If you had the status set to False you will need to set to true

Set-AdfsProperties -EnableIdpInitiatedSignonPage $true

bye 

Fabio

Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Yes, that was enabled prior to the import from the old server. The page was working prior to the import. As soon as I imported the settings it broke. 
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:02 PM
  • Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows Server 2016. There used to be an issue in mixed farm (2012-2016 transition) with this endpoint.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:09 PM
  • .aspx?
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:24 PM
  • anything after . should still work. .lala .xxx etc...

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:19 AM
  • Any update here? Or did installing the updates fix the issue?

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:50 PM