none
How can I recover partition from recovery drive windows 10?

Question

• Today I have upgraded my Windows 10 from recovery USB drive. That's I have created few days  ago; After installation complete I have losses my old data and drive. Only showing my C: drive and an additional drive that's named "Windows RE tools" I can't find anything under Windows RE tools. My some drives encrypted with BitLocker keys I have skipped those drives when boot from my recovery media. I followed some article but I'm still confused how to configure Windows RE tools in windows 10. Please help me how can get back my old partition and Files...
    Friday, April 14, 2017 6:47 PM

All replies

• While waiting for others with experience in this area on one of my other threads someone with a different issue was successful with recovery using https://dmde.com/

I've never used it. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17133/windows-8-bitlocker-recovery-keys-frequently-asked-questions

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766295%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    Friday, April 14, 2017 7:54 PM
  • @questionsformicrosoftproducts I have a BitLocker key and password. I don't thought it will effect my whole drive. If I reinstall my OS again from my past created recovery drive then I will get back my files or losses? Also TPM it's Already stopped in my computer. It's says need to enable 1.2 or higher version in Bios.

• Edited by web2017 Friday, April 14, 2017 8:59 PM
    Friday, April 14, 2017 8:56 PM
  • Well if youre reinstalling OS,then do so in MS-DOS,this requires pc BIOS set to boot to specific storage device,

device is 1st priority,HD 2nd..But if youre simply resetting windows,then on pc start,tap the F8 key,safe-mode

with cmd,in cmd type:  Sfc /Scannow  the Win file/folder repair runs auto.Once thru,type:  CHKDSK C: /F

agree to restart,type: EXIT  restart pc

And/or,in windows run system restore,restore to proper date Win was ok..USB devices are ok,but to function OS

reinstalls/etc  they run to slow.

Friday, April 14, 2017 11:55 PM
  • Hi web2017,

I suspect the driver letter of those drives are lost, we could try to check them in disk management and assign drive letter for those drives if they are listed but not with a drive letter.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Hi MeipoXu,

I didn't find my old drives in Disk Management. My all drives are deleted only showing 3 drive  System, windows and windows re tools. Also I have tries with recover my old partition But didn't find those drive are encrypted with Bit Locker keys. Please help me how can get back my old data.. I'm still trying to recover my lost files but can't success yet..

• Edited by web2017 Friday, April 21, 2017 3:28 AM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 3:28 AM
  • check out piriform.com/recuva to see if that is of any value

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:14 AM
  • Hi web2017,

What is the size of the system drive? 
    If there is other partitions listed in the Disk Management, I suspcet those partitions may have been deleted by a mistake.
    Please run "diskpart" command line to check the disk information. Open an administrator command line and run: 
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 (choose different disk number if have you multiple disks)
    list volume

Best regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hi MeipoXu,

Thanks for back again my thread; The System drive Size=100MB, Windows re tools Size=445 MB.. and whole Disk space takes Windows Local Drive Size=453093 

I have found these setting in my Recovery  drive.. I successfully recovered My others drive Partition that's not encrypted with Bitlocker But I can't find any data from my encrypted Drives. Still trying to recover my data. I don't know when will be success. Please help me how can get back lost data.

rem == ResetPartitions-BIOS.txt
    rem == 1. System partition
    create partition primary size=100
    format quick fs=ntfs label="System"
    assign letter="S" active
    rem == 2. Windows partition
    rem == a. Create the Windows partition
    rem == b. Create space for the recovery tools partition
    rem == c. Prepare the Windows partition
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    assign letter="W"
    rem == 3. Windows RE tools partition
    create partition primary
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows RE tools"
    assign letter="T"
    set id=0x27
    list volume
    exit

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:31 PM
  • Hi web2017,

"But I can't find any data from my encrypted Drive"
    If the encrypted drive is not listed, I am afraid they may be deleted by a mistake. Anyway, you could plug the hard drive to another Windows 10 system machine then check whether those drives are listed. Or just backup the data on the other data drive and install another Windows 10 system on the machine and boot from that system to verify whether the issue is related to present system.
    We could download a Windows 10 ISO here.
    Download Windows 10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Best regards

Friday, April 28, 2017 8:09 AM
  • Not success yet Maybe I have permanently losses Bitlocker encrypted data..
    Thursday, August 03, 2017 8:51 PM