Activation Error after properly activating! RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to get my vista installed and activated however once I installed some drivers now the machine keeps prompting to activate and when you goto the online activation keeps giving me error messages!  Application running on the pc: Vista Ultimate, Office 2007 Beta, PCtools spyware doctor, AVG anti virus!

Help please!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:24 AM

Answers

• Windows Activation program checks fingerprints of your computer: a unique product key (for max number of 10 computers) and your computer's hardware components, hence you install drivers, it changes your hardware fingerprints, so you get a prompt for Activation each time you install a new driver, maybe error comes from using a public illegal product key or you kept on installing drivers exceeded 10 times (windows determined it as 10 diffrent computers).

Good luck

Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:04 PM
  • I can say Windows Defender (part of Windows Vista) is the best Spyware defender tool, so no need to install extra spyware removal software.

Good luck

Monday, October 16, 2006 5:03 PM

All replies

• Windows Activation program checks fingerprints of your computer: a unique product key (for max number of 10 computers) and your computer's hardware components, hence you install drivers, it changes your hardware fingerprints, so you get a prompt for Activation each time you install a new driver, maybe error comes from using a public illegal product key or you kept on installing drivers exceeded 10 times (windows determined it as 10 diffrent computers).

Good luck

Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:04 PM
  • I am not sure why it happened and the only thing i was doing immeidately before was to install Spyware detector by pctools and Install office beta on my computer!  (I dont have any illegal copies or did not try reinstall drivers that did not work the first attempt)

I did re-install vista and now am scared to install Spyware detector or the office beta! Otherwise since re-install Vista seems to work okay! 

Monday, October 16, 2006 3:22 PM
  • I can say Windows Defender (part of Windows Vista) is the best Spyware defender tool, so no need to install extra spyware removal software.

Good luck

Monday, October 16, 2006 5:03 PM
  • Windows defender as much as i like windows is no where near the best sypyware app out there
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:59 AM