Windows goes into hibernate automatically after resume RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to stop windows (i am using Vista business and home premium, it also does the same thing on windows 2000) from re-hibernating itself automatically after you resume it from hibernate? there is a delay, perhaps a couple of minutes, its not very long, after which if you dont log in it goes back into hibernate.

i have observed this on so many computers (at least four) that i assume it must be some kind of "feature"..... though, if i have just turned the machine on, why would i not want it to stay on? unless i turned it on accidentally, and then forgot to turn it off, which is pretty unlikely. this "feature" (or bug??) makes me wait and stare at the thing, wasting a good 1-2 minutes, at least once a day, waiting for it to resume, since i cant go away and do anything useful in case i am too slow to get back to the machine (it did it to me again just then, hence this post)!!

this is my first post here, i have a search for about 20 minutes but didnt find how to fix this

any help would be greatly appreciated as this has really bugged me for a few years now........

Simon

Friday, June 6, 2008 4:32 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem with Vista business on my laptop.

In other words, I open lid, windows will resume and then, if I would not touch any key nor touchpad, it will hibernate again in just few seconds after desktop is shown.

This is annoying if I go into another room after opening laptop lid just to find the laptop is hibernating or already hibernated few minutes later, when I am back.

Is it a bug or feature? Is it possible to change this behavior?

Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:59 AM