none
"There are no products affected by this package installed on this system." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I tried to install Project Server 2013 August 2013 cumulative update on a farm deployment consisting of one app, one wfe and db server. No issues with installing patches on WFE server, but app server threw an exception after two hours stating that "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system."

I ensured I had all the correct privileges on the farm.

Is there anyway of re-installing the patch. I tried re-running it but it gave me the same error message.

Thanks!

SJ

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:12 PM

Answers

• No missing patches.

Apparently this is a "known" issue with project server and SharePoint 2013 updates. Explains why there has been few recalls of their updates. Will be good if Microsoft thoroughly tests Project Server and SP updates or patches

I ended up running bypass check command to to start the install process again.

Finally got there, but after a very very very long time.

Thanks for your help anyway.

SJ

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Friday, May 16, 2014 8:42 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 8:42 AM

All replies

• You might have missing patch on the server. Did you manually compared installed updates from Control Panel?

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:03 PM
  • No missing patches.

Apparently this is a "known" issue with project server and SharePoint 2013 updates. Explains why there has been few recalls of their updates. Will be good if Microsoft thoroughly tests Project Server and SP updates or patches

I ended up running bypass check command to to start the install process again.

Finally got there, but after a very very very long time.

Thanks for your help anyway.

SJ

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Friday, May 16, 2014 8:42 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 8:42 AM