Windows 7 shutting down pc RRS feed

• Question

• I am a 73 year old man who NEEDS his computer to communicate and order online, as well as bank online.  Four (4) days ago Windows 7 began shutting down my Dell Inspiron 570 after allowing me to use it for approximately 3-5 minutes.  Can anyone advise what might be going on?  Have had Dell Support to completely restore my computer, to the cost of $199.95, yet the problem continues.  Please help!!
    Monday, June 22, 2015 2:38 AM

Answers

• As S.Sengupta said use Dell tool but if system is turning off  within 3-5 minutes it is not possible to use and can try some of this...

1).run the computer in bios and see the system is getting shutting down if so it might be a hardware problem

2).check your pc to run power plugged on with battery and without battery. 

3).use f8 while booting and open the system in safe mode. If it is working smooth check the software and antivirus.

Monday, June 22, 2015 3:58 AM
  • I empathize with you and your situation, but you must realize it is virtually impossible to troubleshoot and diagnose your problem via an internet forum.

You need to find someone computer savvy to assist you or a local computer repair shop. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, June 22, 2015 10:31 AM

All replies

• You might want to look at the event log and try to find events for when the machine is shutting down. You can also run Dell Diagnostic Tool .

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Monday, June 22, 2015 3:49 AM
  • As S.Sengupta said use Dell tool but if system is turning off  within 3-5 minutes it is not possible to use and can try some of this...

1).run the computer in bios and see the system is getting shutting down if so it might be a hardware problem

2).check your pc to run power plugged on with battery and without battery. 

3).use f8 while booting and open the system in safe mode. If it is working smooth check the software and antivirus.

Monday, June 22, 2015 3:58 AM
  • Also, can you check the Event Viewer System Log for Windows Kernel event ID 41 errors :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504

Can you post the "Details" of a couple of those errors ?

Monday, June 22, 2015 4:38 AM
  • Sounds like a hardware error, as others suggest check event viewer

Cheers,

Andrew

MCSE, MCSA, VCP, CCNA, SNIA

Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant

Blog: Network Angel LinkedIn:

Note: Please remember to mark as "propose as answer" to help other members. Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, June 22, 2015 9:12 AM
  • I empathize with you and your situation, but you must realize it is virtually impossible to troubleshoot and diagnose your problem via an internet forum.

You need to find someone computer savvy to assist you or a local computer repair shop. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, June 22, 2015 10:31 AM