none
IAG: Parser skipping responses where content-type is not specified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application whose response does not include content-type in the HTTP header.  The response contains HTML, and its links (such as the BASE tag) have not been translated.  I'm guessing IAG is skipping parsing the response because it does not know what it is.

Is there anyway I can force IAG to use the HTML parser for specific application and/or URL?

Solutions I have tried include setting up rules to handle content type matching ^$ (regex for empty string) and also tried using <URLS_WITH_SEARCH_AND_REPLACE_RES>

Thanks,
    Steve.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Did you use the "Search and Replace Response Content" option in the UI (under "Application Access Portal" tab) ?
    Those settings should supersede the other settings, so if you include your specific URL, it should be forced to be parsed.
    Some instructions (for UAG, but should work for IAG as well) can be found here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857285.aspx

Ophir.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Hi Ophir,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I've tried specifying the Search and Replace Response Content.  And it is doing a search and replace for responses where the content-type is text/html.  Unfortunately it is still skipping the response where the content-type header is not missing.

Regards,
    Steve.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:54 PM