none
Event 21502 when I Linv Migration a Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 node in Failover Cluster,when i use live Migration function ,it accuse an error:ID21502,detail was that “the virtual machine management service failed to establish a connection for virtual machine migration with host S1;No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (0x8007274D)”

ps: I can move VM between S2 and S3 by live migration

OS Win2016 std

Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Make sure that your S1 Hyper-V host is listening to the 6600 port, you can check it by running netstat -a

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:21 PM
  • Hi :

I checked it,but not found the 6600 port was listening. What can i do next?

thanks

• Edited by Wangdaxian Monday, June 25, 2018 1:12 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 1:02 AM
  • Live migration talks on this port, have you checked your firewalls?

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

Suggest you to go through the event viewer of the server S1.

System logs, Hyper-V VMMS Worker, Network etc

Probably, a reboot may fix the issue

Further, you may also check if you had changes in the server like patches/rollup upgrades, firewall changes etc

Regards,
    Bala N

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:42 AM
  • Hi

Thank you for answer my question ,I had reslove it .

I copy the GroupPolicy fold from S2 to S1,reboot the Server ,it works good

But I found when shutdown the host ,VMs would move to others host machine normal。When I power off the host machine,VMs' status display "Unmoniter" and did not move to others host machine. I want to known what the difference of shutdown and power off

thanks

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:54 AM
  • A Power Off / Turn Off is like physically pulling the plug, it's a hard power off.

While a shutdown is like pressing the soft switch on most modern PC's which will initiate an operating system shutdown.

Monday, June 25, 2018 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

when you shutdown the machine, as a part of it, that will shut the services also down gracefully. The cluster service is also a part of the same. While the cluster service is going down, it will migrate the VMs to the other hosts.

When you power off (means turning off the power of the host) it takes a short time to make a decision for the cluster services in other hosts to migrate the running VMs on the powered down host. During that, the VMs will definitely go down and come back (like an abrupt restart) on other hosts.

Needs more investigation on your case, why the VMs did not move to the other hosts during the power off

Regards
    Bala N

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hi

When i migrated the virtual machine by Live migration in the failure cluster, I found that the virtual machine network had 2 packets mistake, and the data display screen running the thermal application in the virtual machine would have an interruption of 10 seconds.

I used 2 switches, and there was no connection between the 2 machines. I used NIC to combine the 2 network ports  to every switches in the Server 2016.

I want to ask how to eliminate the problem of losing data packets during living migration。

Thanks

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 8:21 AM