none
Granting Operations access to DPM RRS feed

• Question

• Question -

We are using SCOM + DPM + VMM . Im a domain admin so i can access no issues.

I want to turn over this solution for our Operations team who manages my companies backups. They have been granted a role in SCOM. I've installed SCOM+DPM+VMM.

From the users pc i can access all three application no problem.

When the user launches DPM from his win7 pc he gets error -

Do i add the users access on the DPM servers to the "MSDPMTrustedUsers" group?

In the interim i will test this solution. 

ANNCEX

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please provide the DPM Version and DPM Update Rollup version you are seeing this on ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:25 PM
  • DPM 2012 SP1 Rollup 3 - Protection Agent 4.1.3419 running on windows server 2012, backing up a 2012 hyper-v host cluster of 8 nodes and 16CSV's

We are runnning SCOM 2012 SP1 update rollup 3 as well & SCVMM SP1 ver 3.1.6027.0

For my operaitons person he is running this on his Win7 PC.

ANNCEX

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:37 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for that..  Ok Good news is we have discovered recently that DPM 2012 Sp1 UR2 has introduced a regression that causes this issue.

On the DPM SQL server, a built-in database role called ‘MSDPMReaderRole’ does not have Execute permission on some stored procedures in DPMDB database which causes this issue to occur.   It is still under investigation, but as a workaround you can assign ‘MSDPMExecRole’ role membership to the user. (see screenshot below).

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:15 PM
  • Thanks MIKE, I'll try it and let you know....

We are about to roll out DPM 2012 R2...so looking forward to that. RUNNING DPM on 2008 R2, not good, 2012 better, 2012 R2 should be greeat :)

ANNCEX

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:26 PM